Friday, August 7, 2009

Ok I Know I said I was back last time...

Kierra got her first real hair cut. Can you tell?



Kierra had an EEG today this is her in her pretties (that is what we told her). We won't get results till Tuesday or Wednesday. We want to make sure her breath holding isn't seizures.




We could only let her sleep from 12 am to 4 am. Glad that is over!!!


So as I take this journey with these children I have been blessed with I sometimes really have to sit back and laugh because they are such a hoot and I LOVE that because I love a sense of humor.


Skyler

Skyler is growing up WAY too fast. He is starting to ask questions that are sometimes hard to answer. Like one day we were driving down the road and a billboard said One in three has an STD.

Skyler says "Mom what is an STD" ? I have learned you have to be honest so I said "it stands for Sexually Transmitted Disease". In the back of my mind I am hoping that is the end of the conversation. Then Skyler responds with "How do you get that"? Oh man why that question? So I say "well when you have unprotected sex you can get an STD". Once again trying to change the subject. He says "Well how do they start"? Oh man really? I respond with "Well someone gets it from someone then they pass it to another person like a common cold". Skyler says " Well I'm just wondering how the first person to ever get an STD got it". I laughed and said what parents say when they want to end conversations "I don't know you should research it".
Jackson
Jackson starts freaking out today when we got home. So my mom and I are trying to figure out what is wrong. He starts saying "My shoes will have cow poop on them" and he is hysterical. We start freaking out thinking he has cow poop on his shoes so we are checking his shoes and smelling them and looking at the carpet. Then he says " I have to have shoes for the cow poop". We finally figure it out. At his summer program they are going on a field trip to a dairy farm and he very worried about getting cow poop on his shoes.
Kierra
Oh man this girl is into everything. The other day she got a bowl a spoon and the box of cheerios. She dumped the entire box of cereal into the bowl and all over the living room.
She also is little mama still taking care and bossing everyone. She checks the kids at school and Lyra's diapers. She sniffs and then pulls the back of their diaper open like we do to check her diaper. It is so cute.
She is also singing Patty cake and Twinkle twinkle little star.
Her favorite thing to do is take off her clothes and change into ours especially our underwear.

1 comment:

Tammy Spence said...

Amy,
You have the cutes kids ever!! I hope everything is ok with Kierra, I love that u called it her prettys. Both what u wrote about Skylar and Jackson are hilarious! Oh man!!! I was actually laughing outloud. Can't wait to see you soon.