Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 things on my mind ...




Soccer






Pictures from our camping trip Memorial Weekend (playing catch up on the photos)




























Okay first off this soccer thing is CRAZY !!! All I can say publicly is "What the?". Parent drama and thank goodness I am not a part of it.


So while I was sitting back watching all the drama unfold I was reflecting (even know this is totally random) on the ages of all the other parents. As you all know I had Skyler fairly young so when we go to school or sport functions with the other families we are usually always the youngest parents.


It's funny too because depending where you are or who the parents are you can just feel what they are thinking. In fact a lot of times people will talk or treat you a little bit different. Now don't get me wrong my feelings are not hurt and It doesn't upset me in the least bit. I just get a hoot out of it.


So back to the soccer thing. I am glad I am a younger parent because I look at these grumpy parents (not all just some) who look totally burnt out and can't seem to just enjoy the sport and enjoy watching their child play the game. It's a shame to because you can't get these moments back.


Okay then next ... I get on the computer after the kids are in bed I think in my head I am only going to check my email, but then I start reading one blog which turns into another blog. You might say this is not a problem but it is. The problem is I don't just read blogs I pick blogs that make me sad. I usually read about other heart babies but it is so overwhelming and sad to see how many sick children are out there and then I always feel helpless and sad for them and their families. Why do I do this to myself?


It's okay though because it is a great way to remind us how fragile life is and to embrace our own families and be blessed with what we have or have had. Also NEVER take a minute for granted.


Okay see there I go I just got done reading sad blogs and I have these deep thoughts.


I guess I should go rest up cause did I mention only THREE more DAYS till vacation. YA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are mature enough to realize that these parents are taking games etc too seriously!!!! They will regret they didn't sit back and enjoy. Your experiences in life have made you realize this. Other things are more important. Their kids will also develop issues because of them taking all of this too seriously. We are a lucky family. Life is definately fragile. Do you remember the picture I made for grandma that says Life is Fragile handle with prayer ? It's over our bed. I look at it all the time . It reminds me life is fragile. Enjoy every minute every second. I hope I do that. I'm still laughing about yesterday and the glass. Dad came home and can't understand why I'm laughing. Well, right now he is dealing with the glass guy. Slow down.

Tammy Spence said...

OH my gosh Amy you are so funny! Stop reading the depressing blogs. My neice plays soccer and I love watching the people freak out and yell at their kids. Oh man its so ridiculous! I love the kids pics keep them coming. When baby Zander was born I began realizing how fragile life is. I keep trying to cherish every moment. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

We want some more pictures and updates